miércoles, 4 de febrero de 2009

Update: What I've been Doing (Instead of Blogging--sorry about that)

Recent adventures; this is just a list of what I've been up to, but I will post some feelings down soon:

-Had a cold and got over it

-Went to a wickedly awesome CHOCOLATE FAIR at Santa Croce where I drank fudge--it was called hot chocolate but it was most definitely FUDGE--molto bene!

-Saw Sensibility in English...I know, I couldn't help myself. My friend Suz lent it to me.

-I saw Masaccio's "Tribute Money"

-Danced salsa with a Guatemalan dance instructor at an Italian pub (the bartender was from Colombia and when he found out I was from Puerto Rico, he insisted that I dance...I tried to make PR proud, but I dunno)

-Went to the Uffizi for class:
Saw Birth of Venus
Cimabue's Madonna Enthroned
Giotto's Madonna and Child Enthroned
Some Leo Da Vinci!
Works by Caravaggio and Gentileschi
and, you know, Titian's Venus (a large group of army guys were surrounded
around this one...it made me laugh)
-Last night I got my membership card to a Jazz club near my host family's house. ONly 8 euros and they have jazz and blues jams several times a week
-Danced at Plasma to "Sweet Dreams Are Made of These"
-Saw Pirandello's "Six Characters in Search of an Author" in Italian
-Made bread (actually kneaded the dough and everything) at Casa d'Erci for class. It's in the country
-Saw San Marco
-Wrote essays and went to class...

Food I've eaten: (besides cioccoloato)

-zucchini pasta
-spinach (yes, mom, I eat spinach now...)
-guacamole (Laura and I made an American/Puerto Rican dinner for our family this past Sunday; I made home-made and box flan and Laura made everything else: burgers, salad, fries, and Sangria)
-panini
-gelato (of course)
-really flavorful chicken
-carrots and cheese


Oh and now I'm taking PRIVATE lesson in Italian, so I get to talk all the time and really practice. I'm also planning trips with Carolina--we're thinking Barcelona and Budapest...I'll keep you posted.

1 comentario:

  1. I totally understand not having time to write. I'm just glad that you're having so much fun!

    Update on things here back in Galesburg:

    -Many of the sophomores are finding out who their Littles are and then we get to spoil them a week beforehand and then reveal who we are next week.
    -The "Yule Ball" hosted by ATP was last night and the band Ministry of Magic played (they were hilarious and we got to rock with them at snu later that night).
    -The improv show was absolutely hilarious.
    -Pi Phi is having a Valentine's Day philanthropy event that will support Rush hospital.
    -Cindy Reiter is my roommate now and we just redecorated and rearranged our room. It looks so nice and it's totally turned my term around.

    I miss you, beautiful, but I love hearing about all your adventures. Know that I am extremely jealous!

    ResponderEliminar